Our Lady of Grace now offers on-site special education resources for our students, provided through the Edina School District. Students can meet with specialists such as speech therapists during the school day without leaving the OLG campus. We also have two Learning Specialists who support our students with learning needs by:
- Serving as the liaison to Edina’s special education resources for our students on Individualized Service Plans (ISP’s),
- Coordinating support for students who qualify for 504 Plan accommodations in the classroom and on standardized tests,
- Monitoring adherance to IEP and 504 Plans,
- Leading staff development in the area of learning disabilities,
- Helping teachers with specific classroom strategies and grading concerns, and
- Serving on the OLG Education Committee.
Learning Specialist for K-4: Mrs. Michelle Hannan
Mrs. Michelle Hannan has over 20 years of teaching experience in Catholic education and taught second grade at OLG 2000-2015. Her specialized training and professional experience allow her to provide early intervention for younger students with learning differences. Mrs. Hannan has a Bachelor of Arts and Masters of Education from the College of St. Catherine. She has also completed extensive training in the Orton-Gillingham Approach to teaching reading, spelling and writing.
Learning Specialist for Grades 5-8: Mrs. Mandy Seymour
Mrs. Mandy Seymour has been a licensed School Psychologist since 2006. Before practicing as a School Psychologist in private and public schools, she taught children with Autism. Mrs. Seymour has a BA in Psychology from Kent State University and a Master's Degree and Education Specialist Degree in School Psychology from the University of Toledo.
Click here for more information about Learning Support at OLG.